For five years, Clintonville Farmers' Market has partnered with the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resource Center to support area seniors. Thanks to the support of OhioHealth, Buckeye Health Plan and Proforma Buckeye, low-income Clintonville seniors are given coupons that they can use to shop at the market. CRC provides transportation support on a bi-weekly basis.
This popular program, which has grown each year, has become a cornerstone of the market. It serves to get fresh foods into the hands of seniors, combating isolation issues that many face while also benefiting local farmers. CFM and CRC continue to seek donations to bring this program to additional seniors in the community, hoping to serve more than 150 qualified seniors in 2019.
2018 Program Highlights: 132 seniors served and $4,495 coupons redeemed!
- Each Senior receives $50 to spend over the season.
- CRC gives them a ride to the market.
- In 5 years, "To Market, To Market" has grown by 119%.
- CRC has a waiting list of Seniors to participate.
- 100% on the list have annual incomes less than $20K.
- 42% on waiting list are age 75 or older.
For more information on this program, visit http://clintonvillecrc.org/crc/senior-services/.
To donate to this program, click here.