This week at the market you might find:
These items--all from Ohio--are freshly-harvested, baked, and made by the producer at Clintonville Farmers' Market (Note: Some items are only at market some days.)
Spring is here! Here's what you can expect to find in the opening weeks of the growing season:
- Plant starts of all varieties for your home garden
- Greens: kale, collards, Swiss chard, microgreens, bok choy
- Spring onions and radish
- Locally-grown flowers
- Cheese: farmstead, grass-fed cow and goat milk cheese.
- Proteins: Eggs. Pastured bison, beef, chicken, lamb, and pork. Tilapia.
- Mushrooms: shiitake and oyster.
- Baked goods and breads with locally-sourced ingredients include croissants, sourdough and artisan breads, bagels, foccacia, baguettes, pies, cookies, cakes, rolls.
- Jams, relishes, honey, herbal teas, popsicles, baby foods
- Maple syrup and syrup products.
- Salsas from locally source products.
- Organic, fair-trade coffee.
- Yarn, felted soaps, locavore body products.
- Fresh pasta