Do you love the market? Are you looking to get more involved in its operations? If so, consider joining our team as an Associate Market Manager. Job description below!
The Associate Market Manager will:
- Staff the CFM information tent during market hours and share information about the market and its programming.
- Train market volunteers according to the guidelines of the CFM Board of Directors in coordination with the Market Manager.
- Ensure market volunteers follow safety guidelines from set-up through tear-down.
- Represent the market at community events as needed.
- Assist with coordinating and marketing market activities such as POP kids club and theme days.
- Assisting market with data collection (customer counts, sales totals, etc.).
- Submit a year-end report to the CFM board and attend board and market meetings as required.
The Associate Market Manager is expected to:
- Be on duty at the Saturday Market 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM and assist with set-up and tear down.
- Direct and be a resource for volunteers on duty.
- Assist producers, sponsors, and customers with routine questions and directions.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide feedback and solutions to market manager and CFM board to improve the market.
- Sign a contract agreeing to perform the duties as outlined above for the entirety of the market season.
- Working Saturdays 8:00am-12:30 plus 4 hours monthly flexible time.
- Working outside in temperatures sometimes exceeding 90° or below freezing, rain or shine.
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs).
- Handling sharp objects such as knives.
This paid seasonal position runs from April 27 to November 16, 2019. Pay will be $15/hr for 4.5 hours per week on site plus 4 hours per month of flexible time.
Applicants are encouraged to email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org