- What new precautions and procedures has the market implemented during the COVID-19 crisis?
- Do you accept Ohio Direction Cards (EBT)?
- Are all the market's producers based in Ohio?
- Does this mean we won't see any Georgia peaches or any asparagus in August?
- Do farmers at the market buy at auction or wholesale and resell at the farmers' market?
- What does "producer-only" mean?
- Are all of your farmers organic?
- Who can have a stall at the Clintonville Farmers' Market?
- What does that mean? What are the market's guidelines for participation?
- What is a cottage food operation?
- Do you have craft producers?
- Do you have space for non-farmers/non-cottage food groups like local businesses, non-profits, or others?
- Who owns the space where the market is set up?
- May I come to the market and distribute flyers or coupons for my business or organization or request signatures for a petition?
- May I bring my dog to the market?
- Can I play music at your market?
- Why are producers not allowed to sell before the market opens at 9:00 am?
- What is the market's mailing address?
Yes, we can swipe your EBT (Ohio Direction Card), debit, or credit card at the market information tent on W Dunedin Rd in exchange for tokens that can be spent at producer stalls. We also participate in the Produce Perks program, which provides SNAP customers with a $1-for-$1 match up to $20 to be spent on fruit and vegetables.
Yes. And all of the food and plants they bring must be produced in Ohio. We believe in "local!"
Yes! What's brought to market is what's growing in season in Ohio. Some farmers do extend seasons by using greenhouses, high tunnels, and hoop houses.
Absolutely not. We are producer-only.
It means that everything sold at each stall is produced by the grower or cottage food operation at that stall.
Some are certified organic, others use organic methods but are not certified. Be sure to ask them how they grow their food.
Since 2015, Clintonville Farmers' Market has provided financial and procedural support to growers who wish to pursue organic certification. Click here to read more about what it means to be organic.
Producers or growers of food and plants and cottage food operations. In certain circumstances we also have small-scale producers who produce in small quantities in a commercial kitchen or producers with an RFE for a special purpose or producers working in a special area of sustainable local agriculture.
Do you have space for non-farmers/non-cottage food groups like local businesses, non-profits, or others?
Because our market space is limited, we assign it to growers, cottage food operations, and special pre-approved producers only.
May I come to the market and distribute flyers or coupons for my business or organization or request signatures for a petition?
The market is committed to supporting local producers and promoting local food. Accordingly, market space is reserved for farmers and customers only.
No. Although we love man's best friend, dogs are not allowed in the market space due to safety concerns. Service dogs, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act, are always welcome.
The market has a limited number of spots for musicians within our boundaries, which are all reserved in advance. If you'd like to be considered, please send us a message and examples of your music through our website. We require that any music you play be your original music or music within the public domain (before 1922).
Fairness to customers. Our posted, advertised hours of business are 9-noon. If customers come at 11:00 and consistently find producers sold out because they’ve sold early, it's not fair to customers. Fairness to producers. Not all arrive and unload at one time. If some are selling while some are still arriving and setting up, or trying to abide by rules, it's not an even playing field. Safety. All unloading producer vehicles are not moved away until nearly 9:00 a.m. To allow customers to come earlier and earlier is a safety issue. Pedestrians and moving, large vehicles aren't a good mix.
PO Box 141318
Columbus, OH 43214