Performing artists are recognized as as significant contributors to the festive atmosphere of the Clintonville Farmers' Market. Therefore, the market welcomes one performance group each Saturday. Types of entertainment accepted: musicians, dancers, puppet theatre, chalk artists, jugglers and magicians.
Performers are asked to be in assigned space by 8:50 AM and encouraged to be present for the opening bell at 9:00 AM. Performances should be live from 9:30-11:30, taking breaks as needed during this time. Performers are asked to remain at market until 11:30 AM.
The market does not provide any equipment.
Standards for Conduct
- Performances must be appropriate for all ages. Musicians must play original music or songs within the public domain, as CFM does not maintain music copyright licenses.
- Donations for performances may be accepted passively in an instrument case or other receptacle provided for that purpose by the performer. The receptacle may include a written sign, which informs the public that such donations are sought. No performer shall actively solicit donations by word of mouth, gesture, mechanical devices, or second parties.
- No performer shall treat any person in a manner that is rough, menacing, vulgar, profane or abusive.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages or performing while intoxicated is prohibited. Smoking while performing is prohibited.
- Performers are responsible for moderating the volume of their performance to a level appropriate to the surroundings. Performers are responsible for respecting reasonable requests of nearby vendors regarding performance volume and crowd control.
- Performers shall immediately comply with requests of the Market Manager, including use of their microphone for emergency announcements.
If you are interested in performing at the 2021 Clintonville Farmers' Market, please complete this form.